Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Gardening Adventures




Oh my goodness! The cherries on our tree are almost ripe! I just realized this morning that there's only a few days until pickin' time! I'm feeling excited and overwhelmed by this at the same time, because 1) I'm going to have to get on a very large ladder to get all these cherries down 2) I need to learn how to can since our freezer is very small 3) There are going to be a lot of pits to remove! Of course, this all needs to happen within five days or so because ripe cherries only last so long. I want to preserve as many as I can because they are so delicious and, hey, this is free food!

My peas are coming in too! So exciting! This is my very first go-around at gardening, besides the one tomato plant we had on our balcony last summer. So far so good. I started tomato, pepper, and egg plant from seed indoors back in March. They were transplanted into the garden a couple weeks ago, and for the most part, they seem to be adjusting just fine. Of course, I did have some casualties along the way. Besides the seedlings, I also planted peas, onion, and green beans. God and His creation is so cool!

No comments: